There are more than one hundred types of autoimmune diseases, and most of them result directly or indirectly from a compromised immune system. Therefore, to prevent an autoimmune disease, protect the immune system.
As you age, your immune system becomes weaker, as evidenced by the high incidence of influenza and pneumonia after age 25, not to mention among the elderly. Therefore, it is important to boost your immunity, closely related to your thymus (the commander-in-chief of fighters in your immune system against foreign invaders).
To protect the immune system, you need to eat fresh, organic fruits, vegetables, seeds and nuts daily. In addition, you have to eat natural foods. Cooking, food processing, and freezing destroy some of the nutrients in your foods that are essential to a healthy immune system.
Also, get the 10 most important nutritional supplements:
- Vitamin A to prevent thymus shrinkage (5,000 IU daily dosage)
- Vitamin B6 to maintain hormone levels and to prevent thymus shrinkage (50 mg daily dosage)
- Vitamin C to regulate T-cell (white blood thymus cells) function (at least 1,000 mg daily dosage or up to bowel tolerance)
- Vitamin E to increase infection resistance (400 - 800 IU daily dosage)
- Selenium to increase T-cell activity and antibody production for detoxification (100 mcg daily dosage)
- Zinc to boost your thymus for maturing T-cells to fight invaders (15 mg daily dosage)
- Coenzyme Q10 to increase energy production for cells’ activities
- Reduced L-glutathione to regenerate immune cells in the immune system (200 mg daily dosage)
- Magnesium to increase enzymatic reactions (100 mg daily dosage)
- DHEA to control cortisol, the stress hormone (5 mg daily dosage)
Finally, protecting the mind from stress is equally important because stress is the underlying causes of most human diseases, in particular, autoimmune diseases. Given that we are living in a stressful world, it important to de-stress yourself as much as possible to prevent an autoimmune disease.
This book has an unconventional approach to stress relief: it is not through the conventional relaxation methods, such as meditation or yoga; instead, it applies the groundbreaking Tao philosophy from ancient China. My book not only explains what Tao wisdom is all about, but also contains the complete translation in simple English of all the 81 short chapters of “Tao Te Ching” Going through the whole script, will enable you to understand the essentials of Tao wisdom for stress-free contemporary living to cope with your career, relationship, money, and time management problems.
Copyright© by Stephen Lau