There are many types of autoimmune diseases. Western medicine uses pharmaceutical drugs to treat the disease symptoms, which may have devastating impact on the immune system that could even lead to to the development of other diseases and disorders.
Steroid therapy is commonly used to treat autoimmune diseases. and they include medications like prednisone and cortisone. According to Western medicine, steroid medications are medically necessary to treat many conditions and diseases. But steroid medications have many major effects on the metabolism of calcium and bone, which may lead to severe bone loss, osteoporosis, and bone fractures. As a matter of fact, high dosage of steroid medications can cause rapid bone loss, up to as much as 15 percent per year.
Based on my own past experience, I would suggest you think twice before opting for steroid therapy
Myasthenia gravis is one of the many autoimmune diseases, which, according to contemporary Western medicine, offer no known cure, except controlling or suppressing their many disease symptoms. This book is based on the author's own experience of battling against his myasthenia gravis: how he stopped all his medications through a holistic approach to controlling and managing the disease. This book provides insight and well-researched information that he would like to share with those who are afflicted with myasthenia gravis or any other autoimmune disease.
This book covers every aspect of holistic health to cope with autoimmunity: body detox, diet, lifestyle changes, exercises for muscle weakness, and mental relaxation techniques for vision problems associated with myasthenia gravis, including the following:
- The Potential Causes of Autoimmunity
- Why Some Are More Susceptible to Autoimmune Diseases
- The importance of Cellular Health
- The Damaging Free Radical
- How to Protect and Enhance the Immune System
- The Author’s Own Story: the Diagnosis, the Treatment, the Awakening, and the Recovery
- Healing Begins with the Mind, and Not the Body
- The Dangers of Drugs and Steroid Therapy
- The Importance of Internal Cleansing
- Using Foods as Medicine
- Lifestyle Changes
- Relaxation and Immune Diseases
- Coping with Muscle Weaknesses—the Eye Muscles
Copyright© by Stephen Lau