Healthy Living to Prevent and Cope with an Autoimmune Disease
Healthy living holds the key to preventing and coping with an autoimmune disease.
The World Health Organization defined health as “a state of complete physical, mental, and social well-being, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.” That was said in 1948. What was true then is also true today.
If you are healthier in the real sense of the word, you will also be younger; if you have set this as a lifelong goal, you will then experience it for longer in your life.
Life is a learning experience: everything and everyone you encounter can be your teacher, if you are willing to be the student. The more you learn about how to be younger and healthier for longer, the wiser you become. Let healthy living be your lifelong goal and let your healthy lifestyle be upheld by the following:.
(1) The wisdom of fresh air and healthy sunshine: “Fresh air impoverishes the doctor.” – Danish Proverb
All centenarians have at least two things in common: they all breathe deeply and slowly(i.e. correct breathing); they get their solar energy from green food and salubrious sunshine. Clean air and sunshine provide the groundwork for healthy living and a healthy lifestyle.
(2) The wisdom of clean drinking water: “By means of water, we give life to everything.” — Koran 21:30
Your body is made up of 70 – 90 percent of water, depending on you age and constitution. The most important nutrient in your body is clean pure water. The quality of your tissues, including their performance and resistance to injury, is absolutely dependent on the quality and quantity of the water you drink.
(3) The wisdom of healthy eating: “Your food shall be your medicine.” — Hippocrates
You are what you eat, and you become what you eat. You eat to live, and not live to eat.
(4) The wisdom of physical fitness: “Health is the vital principle of bliss, and exercise of health.” — James Thomson
Physical fitness is an on-going physical activity that must begin today without delay or procrastination, because tomorrow may become a disease. Physical fitness gives you not only a good body image but also a clean bill of health.
(5) The wisdom of good relationships: “You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back.” – Barbara De Angelis
The art of living well is the capability to live in harmony within the self as well as with others. It requires focusing first on others’ needs rather than on one’s own. Loving-kindness and human compassion constitute mindfulness, which is the key to any good relationship.
(6) The wisdom of natural sleep: “Sleep is the golden chain that ties health to our bodies together.” — Chamfort
Natural sleep relaxes your body, mind, and soul to provide holistic wellness, which is the foundation of health and youth. Natural sleep does not require the aid of pharmaceutical drugs to induce sleep.
(7) The wisdom of life passion: “There is no end. There is no beginning. There is only the passion of life.” – Federico Fellini
Life passion is your passion for being younger and healthier for longer. Essentially, it means you are passionate about your well-being: why you want to be healthier and younger, and how you can achieve these goals in life.
Get the wisdom in living for your wisdom in everyday living to prevent and cope with an autoimmune disease.
Copyright©2018 by Stephen Lau