LOVE and MARRIAGE

LOVE and MARRIAGE
A happy marriage helps you live a stress-free life.

Friday, April 12, 2024

A Miracle or No Miracle?

Can an autoimmune disease be self-cured?

According to Western medicine, there is no known cure for autoimmune diseases, just management of the disease symptoms. Therefore, to be diagnosed with myasthenia gravis or any autoimmune disease is a devastating experience. 

Is there a self-cure for autoimmune diseases? There is no definitive answer. But I can relate my own experience with my myasthenia gravis.

Nearly three decades ago, I was diagnosed with myasthenia gravis. I was devastated with all the related symptoms such as vision loss and muscle weakness, among others. For the first two or three years, I was put on steroid medications as well as other prescriptions to offset the adverse side effects of those steroid medications. I looked upon my disease as a blessing in disguise: it transformed my life completely, especially how I viewed my health and wellness. I began to live as if everything is a miracle.

My medications did little to improve my conditions. So, I made the most important decision in my life: to stop all medications. I did not do it cold turkey, but slowly and gradually over a period of several months. Now, after more than a decade, I am 100 percent drug free.

Is this a miracle? Am I 100 percent cured of my myasthenia gravis? I think I am 80 percent cured of my disease symptoms: I still have double vision but without drooping eyelids; my muscles on the left side are slightly weaker than those on the right side of the body. I believe I can never be 100 cured because I had been on those toxic medications for two to three years, and they ironically damaged the immune system. But to be free of medications is a miracle in itself. We all have to believe as if everything is a miracle.

Albert Einstein once said: "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as if nothing is a miracle. The other is as if everything is a miracle."

Life is a miracle; even your breath is a miracle in itself. To live your life as if everything is a miracle, you need wisdom of the body, the mind, and the soul -- in other words, holistic wellness of the body, the mind, and the soul, which are all interconnected to provide wellness and well-being.

Life is a miracle; even your breath is a miracle in itself. To live your life as if everything is a miracle, you need wisdom of the body, the mind, and the soul. The mind provides the map for your body to go on your life journey, and your soul is the compass; without the compass and the map, you are going nowhere, and you live your life as if nothing is a miracle. Learn how you can rethink your mind about medications and self-healing; renew your body with the miracle of detoxification for ultimate recuperation and rejuvenation from disease; and reconnect your soul for realignment of your being to live your life as if everything is a miracle. 

Stephen Lau        

Copyright© by Stephen Lau

No comments:

Post a Comment